SPOKANE FIRE STATION #13 NAMED WINNER OF AMERICA’S BEST FIREHOUSE BBQ COOK-OFF
Tree Top, the only major brand of apple juice made from 100% USA apples, has announced Spokane Fire Station #13 and it’s Tony’s Puleihu BBQ Sauce recipe the winner of America’s Best Firehouse BBQ Cook-Off and the recipient of a $10,000 donation. Spokane Fire Station #13 will use the donation to purchase much needed equipment and to supplement the station’s benevolent fund, which assists needy firefighters and family members that have faced medical hardships or other setbacks.
The grand prize winner of America’s Best Firehouse BBQ Cook-Off was selected by a panel of judges, including Audra Lowe of BetterTV; BBQ Addicts, authors of BBQ Makes Everything Better; and Allison Parker, MS, RD, director of consumer health and education for the U.S. Apple Association.
Additionally, Yakima County Fire District 6 and its recipe for Gleed’s Favorite Goop, the recipient of the most community votes on the contest website, will receive a $1,000 donation from Tree Top.
In mid-April, Tree Top announced the launch of America’s Best Firehouse BBQ Cook-Off. At the end of June, the company selected 10 firehouse finalists from around the nation, each of whom submitted their most delicious, mouth-watering BBQ recipes using Tree Top products. The finalists were asked to create a short video to convince America and the judges that their firehouse – and recipe – are the best and most deserving of the $10,000 prize.
All videos, including those from the grand prize and people’s choice winners, can be viewed at www.AmericasBestFirehouseBBQ.com. The top 10 firehouses included:
- Spokane Fire Station #13 (Spokane, Wash.)
- Jefferson Township Fire Department Stations 60 and 62 (Dayton, Ohio)
- Snohomish County Fire Protection District 26 Station 54 (Gold Bar, Wash.)
- Portland Fire and Rescue State Hazmat Station 7 (Portland, Ore.)
- Selah Fire Department Station 1 (Selah, Wash.)
- Setauket Fire Department Hook Ladder Co. #1 (Setauket, N.Y.)
- East Litchfield Volunteer Fire Company (Litchfield, Conn.)
- South Whatcom Fire Authority Station 22 (Bellingham, Wash.)
- Ashley Community Fire Protection District Station 1 (Ashley, Ill.)
- Yakima County Fire District 6 Gleed Fire Station 1 (Yakima, Wash.)
The donation will be presented to Spokane Fire Station #13 later this month on BetterTV. Check local listings for time.
Grand Prize Winner: Spokane Fire Station #13
Peoples Choice Award: Gleed Firehouse’s Favorite Goop – Yakima